Full Genetic Workup
Getting Treated Based On Your Specific Genetics
Everyone has a different genetic makeup. No one person is the same as another (unless they are identical twins). This means that each person is meant to eat, live, and move differently than the next person. You can’t know exactly how to live based on your genetics until you put your genes through a high technology software called OPUS
What is Opus23?
- Opus23 is a software program that interprets raw genomic data from 23andme, a service company that performs genomic analysis and reports their findings back to you. At the Zara Naturopathic, we then take the raw data from 23andme and run it through Opus23. Opus23 then ‘translates’ the raw genetic data into clinically relevant and important information that Dr. Zara can then use to institute preventive or therapeutic actions.
How does Opus23 work?
- 23andme reports over 700,000 individual genetic markers called SNPS (single nucleotide polymorphism’ s). SNPS indicate that there is a genetic mutation within a person’s genome. SNPs are very common, as each of us are uniquely different genetically from each other. Many SNPs have been found to be associated with certain risks (such as diseases or susceptibilities.) Opus23 goes through the results and looks for these unique disease causing SNPs. It then activates its own analytic machinery and reports back to the doctor on any areas of special interest.
How does Dr. Zara use this software when treating patients?
- Dr. Zara will take the raw data from 23andme and run it through Opus23. Opus23 then ‘translates’ the raw genetic data into clinically relevant and important information that she can then use to institute various nutrition, supplement and treatment actions.
Which doctors can use Opus to help patients?
- Only someone who is certified in Generative Medicine by Dr. Peter D’Adamo, ND, can use OPUS to help you.
- Very few doctors around the world are certified to do this!
How much does it cost?
- $150 for the initial consult
- $500 for the genetic analysis
- $100 for follow up appointments